Lindsay Guzzardo is a Senior Literary Manager (agent) at Martin Literary Management.
Through tenures at Amazon Publishing, Guideposts Books, and Penguin/Signet, Lindsay Guzzardo acquired and edited numerous bestselling titles to fantastic customer and trade reviews, particularly in commercial fiction, women’s fiction, and romance.
Now a Literary Manager of adult fiction, Lindsay applies her comprehensive market knowledge and keen editorial instinct to identify and nurture exciting new talent for MLM.
She will consider any adult fiction with a clear, marketable, compelling hook, and strong voice. Her personal tastes align with the following wish list, but she would never shut herself off to The Next Big Thing!
Lindsay is also interested in working with proven genre writers (i.e. previously published, award-winning/nominated, placement in contests, strong platform, etc.) from the elevator pitch onward. Bring her your pitches and she will help direct you which one to pursue, or she can provide you with one to flesh out into a proposal.
- Fiction that elevates diverse/marginalized voices
- WWII-era fiction
- Retellings of classic stories (either modern retellings or classic stories told from a different character’s perspective)
- Beach reads
- Fiction exploring family dynamics and relationships (particularly mothers/daughters and sisters)
- Amish romance/fiction
- Cozy, charming, small-town romance/fiction
- Rich, evocative historical fiction
- European-set fiction, any era and tone
- Dark psychological and domestic suspense
- Gorgeous, lyrical literary fiction
- Wholesome, clean fiction and romance